• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

manfrotto 055 rubber feet (1 Viewer)

firebrace

registered bird scarer
does anyone know if the original feet need to be sawn off the legs in order to fit replacements? the replacements are secured by a pinch bolt but the originals appear to be integral to the leg.
thanks.

Unless they have redesigned the standard feet they are just pressed on.

I was able to easily pull of the originals; one of the reasons I replaced them with the retractable spiked feet.

Mike

thanks mike,these are the spiked feet,but 2 out of the 3 feet on mine are siezed solid and therefor unadjustable. i didn`t want to try knocking the old ones off and risk trashing the legs resulting in needing new feet AND legs. i`ll have to try a little gentle persuasion...................and then saw `em off !!;)

Last edited:
Try a few shots of plus gas, available from a car spares shop, its a proper dismantling lubricant spray as opposed to WD40 which isn't. Never had much luck with my original spiked feet and no they aren't integral. expand inside the leg like a rawlbolt when the large knurled nut is turned (they look like this http://www.cordcamera.com/Manfrotto-055SPK-Retractable-Spiked-Tripod-Feet-Set-of-3-P69.aspx )

If you just want to fit rubber feet as a stopgap, I found that walking stick ends available from a hardware shop were a perfect fit for my 055. Sight cheaper than the proper replacements at the princely sum of £1.05 for all three

If you do get the new spiked feet I would be interested to see what you reckon to them, been thinking about getting some myself

Last edited:
here`s a pic of one the feet.as you can see they appear to be pressed onto the end of the leg. i had them stood in yogurt pots containing wd40 type release fluid for 48 hours, but didn`t do any good. it`s not the end of the world if i dont get them off. luckily the other 2 are siezed with the spikes retracted, so the feet won`t cause any damage if used indoors.

Attachments

• tri foot.jpg
    tri foot.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 101
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back