• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Quick switch plates (1 Viewer)

Gashead

Probably asked before but is there a plate accessory that allows attachment to a camera lens shoe and strap at the same time? i.e. the camera can be held on a strap whilst a scope (or other camera) is fitted to the tripod head?

Hope that's clear.

Thanks.

The way I do it is to use a Black Rapid RS-4 Strap and attach a Manfrotto 323 Quick Change Adaptor to it, then the camera lens (I use a 400mm f5.6) and scope both have the usual quick release plate attached. This allows me to quickly move from tripod and camera or scope. Plus the camera is quickly ready to use on or off the strap. Just make sure you set the locking pin on the adaptor to make sure the camera/scope doesn't drop off the strap!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back