• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which web browser is best? (1 Viewer)

colin mm

I've used Chrome for a while and always been happy with it but lately it's crashing regularly. Does anyone have a favourite browser that they're using now without this issue?
I've looked at Firefox but I'm not willing to pay for it with so many at no charge, thanks all.

Since when did you have to pay for Firefox Colin? It should be free, so I don't know where you've been looking.

I actually use one of their cousins, PaleMoon, which has all the facilities of Firefox and I'm really happy with it. Love the Colourful Tabs and the ability to 'Pin' the important ones.

I was looking on the App Store where I got chrome from it's for my iPad but I'll look at pale moon too, thank you.

I've used Chrome for a while and always been happy with it but lately it's crashing regularly. Does anyone have a favourite browser that they're using now without this issue?
I've looked at Firefox but I'm not willing to pay for it with so many at no charge, thanks all.

I'm having the same issues with IE 11......wish I'd never installed it but.....cannot successfully re-install IE 10?

I trialled Windows 10 for a week before I rolled back to 7 and these issue are all post the installation of IE11 and W10?

Andy

Last edited:
For a windows installation, try firefox or one of its cousins, or again, try Opera. Those are the two I use.

Niels

Thanks Grahame,
I'll give it a go, my IPOD is also un-usable since this installation and not only won't 'sync' but it's been wiped and I cannot get anything on it using Windows.

Done all the usual unloading and reloading, even reformatted the disc on my IPOD which btw, still works on a Mac???

Andy

never, ever use internet explorer. Go for something better.
Chrome / Firefox / Opera / Safari for Mac / ...
I thought internet explorer's days were over, but it seems a more resilient kind of weed amongst the flowers.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back