• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

McKenzie Marsh, Aurora Ontario (1 Viewer)

Susan C

Is anyone else birding out here? I've been driving by on St. John's sideroad and have seen lots of people walking the boardwalk. Only once have I seen someone with a very large camera on a tripod taking pictures.
This is a great location for me locally - especially since they've fixed the road and installed the boardwalk and benches. I'ts within walking distance (on a nice day) and I drive by every day to work.
Last weekend I spotted a bird I have never seen before - I think it may have been a juv. green heron, or perhaps a small bittern?
Did not have a camera with me at the time,unfortunately. I stood on the boardwalk, looked over the rail, and there it was directly below me on an old stump, no more than 10 ft. down. I watched it for about 20 minutes catching minnows and bugs.
Next time I will go out better prepared!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back