• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

feedback please! on bin+camera (1 Viewer)

Hello Yarelli

With regard to the sensor, it will likely have moderate resolution if the cost is to remain low, which is what I would envision to make it available to our junior birders with limited budgets.

The endoscope technology from which this device would derive, currently features images of up to 5MP, and resolution of 1920x1080, which is fair. I don't know about the ISO speed, that is a good question!

The battery could go to the strap, but would the flopping be annoying? The sending units I have been looking at which include the battery are so small (2 inches x 3/4 inches x 1/2 inches) they could be easily affixed atop the binocular with a sliding plate type mount which is held with an adhesive.

Thank you so much for your insights and questions!

I am still working on this project and very much appreciate all input.

k

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back