• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warbler i.d. from Doi Lang, Thailand (1 Viewer)

noble-lite

These images are of the same individual taken at Doi Lang on 12 Dec 2019. Can anybody identify the species please. We thought Grey-crowned Warbler, but it should have an incomplete eye ring. Perhaps Marten's ?

Attachments

• FF7R2090_1.jpg
    FF7R2090_1.jpg
    862.4 KB · Views: 35
  • FF7R2092_1_1.jpg
    FF7R2092_1_1.jpg
    846.4 KB · Views: 37
Did you hear it call?

When these all got split, Craig Robson told me they were best done on call, from memory, Grey-crowned has a single note 'chip' call?

Last edited:
Grey-crowned generally has a break at the rear of the eye-ring, and this bird has too much grey on the head, especially below the lateral crown stripe, for Alstrom's, so i would narrow it down to Bianchi's or Martens's. As Andy says, best done on call, unless you have a shot of the spread tail.

EDIT: Alstrom's not found here according to the checklist.

Shots seem to show extensive white on outermost tail feathers?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back