• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa TSN-DA100 adapter and KOwa 883 scope (1 Viewer)

Of course, but you will need either the KOWA TSN-VA3 or KOWA TE-20H for best results. Oh, and the Casio FC100 digicam too! Here the Kowa Japan test report page, http://www.kowa-prominar.ne.jp/digisco/report/10/index.htm

I've played with a demo kit at Tokyo Bird festival and it was pretty cool. If you want a good deal on the VA3 let me know.

But don't you have the DA4 too? That can still work with the Casio.

cheers,
Rick

Last edited:
thanks for info

I will have all other than adapter, that I must order from somewhere. I have sended some questions to some shops, lets see their answers.

@ RJM
I have few questions:
- How is it with vigneting using TE-20h (25x LER eyepiece) and Casio
- Where can I buy TSN-DA100 and what is the price for it?
- Does the TSN-DA100 mount direct to eyepiece?

Thanks

Last edited:
According to the Kowa Japan report I linked to above, chart in point #3 middle of page, vignetting disappears using the TE-20H from the camera lens' 51mm zoom focal length (1275mm eqv.) in still mode and the 43mm (1075mm eqv.) zoom focal length in HD mode thru the full 185mm telephoto range.

Using the VA3 will allow for a WIDER 35mm eqv. focal length range, 60mm zoom focal length (840mm eqv.) in still mode and the 51mm zoom focal length (714 eqv.) in HD mode.

The DA100 sells for ~16,000 yen here at Tokyo shops.

Yes, connects directly to the eyepiece as seen in the report I linked to above.

cheers,
Rick

Sorry I made a mistake. You also need the DA10 between the TE-20H and DA100. But the DA100 will connect directly to the VA3.

Rick

It seems that Kowa don't sell this adapter to european market, only Japan market.

RMJ
Are there any shops that send to Finland and accept credit card.

Sorry, I've been asked this before and none of the shops I work with here in Tokyo can ship Kowa products overseas due to dealer restrictions.

BUT if anyone wants to buy my Kowa TSN-VA3 AND can pay with Paypal in US$, I will happily buy the TSN-DA100 adapter for them at extra cost and ship worldwide.

cheers,
Rick

Now I have this adapter and it's very nice system to use.

I can take 30 pictures / seconds and in editor I will select the best shots.

Camera are easy to connect to adapter

Now I have this adapter and it's very nice system to use.

I can take 30 pictures / seconds and in editor I will select the best shots.

Camera are easy to connect to adapter

Can you provide some more information? Where did you get it? And what camera do you use (maybe Casio?)?

Thanks in advance

Nice combo - looks like capable little camera. Can you provide some photos from this combination? I hope someday I can buy this adapter outside Asia too ;) .

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back