• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Appalachians - Blue Ridge Parkway (1 Viewer)

Sharpbill

In early June I arrive at Atlanta airport. I only have 7 days and intend to drive part of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Does anyone have any recommendations on must see locations, good 'birdy' places to stay, any specialities of the area, or any general birding hot spots?

John

John -
One area you might target on the BRP is Heintooga Road. This 3.5 mile "spur" road is my favorite area on the lower Parkway. Are you looking for any particular birds?
Since I live north of Asheville, North Carolina, I don't get to that end of the BRP as often as I'd like. If you have time to get to Asheville, I can offer some free guiding. If you use major roads, I am guessing 5 hours or a little less from Atlanta, depending which side of that large city you start traveling from.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back