• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ospreys - Loch Garten (1 Viewer)

There's just a brief note on the site homepage, saying Logie got to the Bay of Biscay and then turned back! It seems he's away for a few days but planned to update her whereabouts each evening, though that hasn't happened. Like you, I'm desperate to know where she is!

I see Logie's migration site has a brief note to say she's waiting out the bad weather near Bilbao (wasn't possible to get a link in order to update while he was away),

Sandra

Sorry for the delay in posting, ej is back, saw her this morning she's hanging about the nest so should be caught on film, glorious day up here today. Osprey centre and caper watch open tommorrow, Caper watch 5.30 am!!

Hi Speyspotter,

Welcome to BF and good to meet another Osprey watcher, beware this site is very addictive, everybody is so friendly. I bet it was a thrill to see EJ, I have been watching the webcam all weekend and today but that isn't the same thing at all especially as the picture is not live (yet) like Loch of Lowes.

I hope E J was on her own, or has anybody seen Henry yet, he was late getting back the last two years and EJ's previous partner had been visiting her.

Ann :egghead:
Osprey Godmother

Hi Ann

I think the glitches with the live feed are fixed and it will be up and running today.

I saw ej come into the nest this morning, she's coming in just after 6, no male yet , however a few ospreys being seen in the area.

You're right , I signed onto this forum a couple of days a go and have been on every day since.

R.

stew

Hi Stew,

Thanks for the info. when I got home today there was no EJ on the nest and the picture seems the same as before a bit blurred, not as clear as Loch Lowes.

The Osprey Godmother

She is still waiting for a mate to arrive.Looking towards the sky,in hope."Come on Henry",lets get back soon.

Hi Stew,

Thank's for the link to the live feed as I only had the original one on my toolbar. I now hope Henry gets back sooner than he usually does. If the young female 5N can arrive a few days early at Rutland and go straight to her nest, so should he, or has he forgotten what happened the last 2 years - Orange VS beat him home.

The Osprey Godmother

Hi Everybody,

It is 6.50 am and EJ is sat tidying up the nest which looks very comfortable to me. Come on Henry where are you?

The Osprey Godmother

Hi Stew,

Thank's for the link to the live feed as I only had the original one on my toolbar. I now hope Henry gets back sooner than he usually does. If the young female 5N can arrive a few days early at Rutland and go straight to her nest, so should he, or has he forgotten what happened the last 2 years - Orange VS beat him home.

The Osprey Godmother

Yes but Orange Vs seems to be missing too. He normally turns up early. But remember he is getting on a bit. He is about 16 or 17 years old as far as I recall. So maybe he will not be back tis year.

Actually felt sorry for her,as I watched the last 20 minutes or so.She is standing on the eyrie,looking skywards for her mate,who has still to appear."Come on Henry,get a move on" ?

Actually felt sorry for her,as I watched the last 20 minutes or so.She is standing on the eyrie,looking skywards for her mate,who has still to appear."Come on Henry,get a move on" ?

Nah she is thinking "Where is that ex-husband of mine..he is normally here by now? If he does not hurry up Henry will be here."

Hi Tiger,

Thank you for the information I didn't know how old Orange VS was. Henry is definitely on his way - somewhere!

The nest is empty, always check it first before BF. Keep your eyes open. please?

The Osprey Godmother

Hi Tiger,

Thank you for the information I didn't know how old Orange VS was. Henry is definitely on his way - somewhere!

The nest is empty, always check it first before BF. Keep your eyes open. please?

The Osprey Godmother

Oh we keep our eyes very open. As long as Orange VS stays away all will be ok.

Just finished a 30 minute watch (official lunchtime..honest.) but not a bird to be seen.Hopefully,she is nearbye watching Henrys mating display...! Mind you,its a nice,warm day in north Scotland today,so good fishing conditions for her.

Thanks Ben,

I have got no picture down here, just the black box as if the camera was off line again. I dd see her before 7.00 am.

My link to the Loch Lowes cam isn't working either I get "page doesn't exist message" WHO is sabotaging me?

The Osprey Godmother

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back