• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch of Lowes Ospreys (1 Viewer)

At Last!! At the third attempt he's brought her the fish (looking most unpleasant LOL) There has been a change of the guard and she's off to eat her dinner. Phew.

Hi Ann,

Thank goodness you have seen Marge be fed. I hope Homer delivers some fresh fish once in a while and not just his leftovers? Since I came home I cannot get a picture on the site, ha ha yesterday it was Loch Garten that was busiest now today it is yours. I saw Marge sleeping last night just after midnight but no camera this morning.

Right now I need a BBC production/editing room (don't know what to call it) with a wall full of monitors to watch then I can see everybody all the time.

Ann :egghead:
The Osprey Godmother
Now to check on Logie.

Did you just see that??? The camera zoomed to the other side of the loch and a large bird, looks like it must have been the male, dove down onto the water and flew away rapidly, too quick for the camera but at that point the female must have known it was him and started shouting for him. He arrived seconds later and presented her with a fish. She's off to eat it now!! Well done LoL that was brillaint. You've got better eyesight than I have, What a joy to see the splash in the water as he must have caught something. Amazing.

Hi Ann,

That must have been great to watch, Marge must have very good eyesight and proves (to me) birds do recognise one another as I have often wondered. Good to know that one of our "mothers" has been fed. I watched as Orange visited the nest not long ago but he didn't have a fish and after gentle peeping from EJ he flew off again. He must have fed her some time as she is usually louder.

The Osprey Godmother

Wanna see!!!!

The camera this year is fantastic!! Its just zoomed in on her head and she looks terrific. Keep up the good work SWT.

I am really disappointed. I can follow everything you're chatting about and regularly read the Diary. But I can't get the Video to work!!
I have all the usual programmes for watching downloads, but something is obviously not working. I can get the Bassenthwaite nest, and the Rutland ones, so I wonder if you could ask the powers-that-be at LoL for some advice.
We have been there several times and intend going once the three (hopefully) chicks have fledged...................

I am really disappointed. I can follow everything you're chatting about and regularly read the Diary. But I can't get the Video to work!!
I have all the usual programmes for watching downloads, but something is obviously not working. I can get the Bassenthwaite nest, and the Rutland ones, so I wonder if you could ask the powers-that-be at LoL for some advice.
We have been there several times and intend going once the three (hopefully) chicks have fledged...................

June do you have windows media player 9 or above?

Windows Media Player

June do you have windows media player 9 or above?

Thanks for your swift response, Ann. I have Win Player 11, but, using the same link as Ann suggests in her reply, I still cannot get the stream.

If you have any other suggestions, I'd happily try other means of getting the picture!

Last edited:
Hi Ann, June and all osprey fanatics.

SWT have made this web cam available so as you can keep just the picture in your screen and if you have "skin always on top" on your windows media player settings it stays on top no matter what you look at. RSPB have not done this for Garten i'm afraid so it wont work.

Try this link June. Hope it works for you too Ann. I'm pretty rubbish at computers but lets see if we can help each other out or even put a thread in the technical bit of the BF.

Ann

Last edited by a moderator:
Homer appears to be doing his stuff now. Just seen her flying away with whAT LOOKED LIKE A FISH. i SAY LOOK LIKE BECAUSE i JUST CLICKED ONTO THE WEBCAM WHEN IT HAPPENED AND i DIDN'T GET A GOOD LOOK.

Wet, wet, wet!

At last I am now getting the video stream - not quite sure what I did, but it now works!

The weather at LoL looks very very wet! You can scarcely see the osprey for water drops on the camera lens!

Hi June,

It is great to hear you can now see the video, albeit in the pouring rain, I looked at the site earlier and could clearly see the rain and Marge sitting as low down as she could, she is not going to let those eggs get wet.

The Osprey Godmother

SWT Webcam

The Web Broadcasting Corporation / Wildlife TV Broadcast all of the webcams on the website free of any cost including most of the cameras and equipment. The biggest cost is the bandwidth that you use when you log into the webcams.

To keep these free webcams going, Wildlife TV need to generate income through advertising. The more visitors we get the more advertisers we hope will advertise on our website.

If you access the webcams other than through WBC/Wildlife TV
we lose visitors and potential advertisers. If we are unable to generate income we will be unable to Broadcast your favorite webcams.

Keeping the webcams on 24/7, that a lot of you do is like keeping your car engines on without going anywhere, it runs away with Bandwidth costs. Bandwidth is a very expensive commodity. That is why many webcams update in second and even minutes to save Bandwidth costs. Please turn the webcams off when you are not watching them.

Accessing the webcams through WBC/Wildlife TV is just one extra click. It also guarantees that the webcams will stay on. It also allows you to access all the Wildlife webcams on the site.

Over the next week we will be broadcasting a Osprey nest site webcam from the USA an a Griffon Vulture nest site from Andalucia. Please help make this website possible by accessing it through The Web Broadcasting Corporation/Wildlife TV

Hi Ann, June and all osprey fanatics.

SWT have made this web cam available so as you can keep just the picture in your screen and if you have "skin always on top" on your windows media player settings it stays on top no matter what you look at. RSPB have not done this for Garten i'm afraid so it wont work.

Try this link June. Hope it works for you too Ann. I'm pretty rubbish at computers but lets see if we can help each other out or even put a thread in the technical bit of the BF.

Ann
http://ifdnrg8.ifdnrg.com/swt

Hi Webbroadcaster,

Welcome to BFand thank you for the wonderful web cams and I look forward to seeing the new ones when they are up and running.

I only ever use one site at a time, I am a webcam addict, I am always flitting from one site to another, especially the Ospreys as I love watching them all and seeing the chicks grow up.

The Osprey Godmother

The Web Broadcasting Corporation / Wildlife TV Broadcast all of the webcams on the website free of any cost including most of the cameras and equipment. The biggest cost is the bandwidth that you use when you log into the webcams.

To keep these free webcams going, Wildlife TV need to generate income through advertising. The more visitors we get the more advertisers we hope will advertise on our website.

If you access the webcams other than through WBC/Wildlife TV
we lose visitors and potential advertisers. If we are unable to generate income we will be unable to Broadcast your favorite webcams.

Keeping the webcams on 24/7, that a lot of you do is like keeping your car engines on without going anywhere, it runs away with Bandwidth costs. Bandwidth is a very expensive commodity. That is why many webcams update in second and even minutes to save Bandwidth costs. Please turn the webcams off when you are not watching them.

Accessing the webcams through WBC/Wildlife TV is just one extra click. It also guarantees that the webcams will stay on. It also allows you to access all the Wildlife webcams on the site.

Over the next week we will be broadcasting a Osprey nest site webcam from the USA an a Griffon Vulture nest site from Andalucia. Please help make this website possible by accessing it through The Web Broadcasting Corporation/Wildlife TV

Hello Webbroadcaster.

Oops I didn't know you made money from the amount of clicks you get. Can you explain how that works? I'm rubbish at all things technical and only found the link by pure accident. Can you also tell me if there is any way at all where I can keep your webcam on top of all my web pages as thats the one function I'll miss. I'll ask the mods to remove the link. I only posted it because June was having bother. Ah well a good deed turns bad. I look forward to seeing more webcams. Will your new webcams take over all the ones that have stopped.?

Hi Ann,

Giving links to web cams is fine, more people use them more money these particular ones get. I have 2 American sites that have nothing to do with birds that every click raises funds from their sponsors.

The last link you gave doesn't work for me even if I type it in but the other does so no worries. I have mine stored as symbols in my tool bar so I do not have to remember them or type them in. All the others I have saved in a list called "favourites" "bookmarks" on some systems so can look them up easily. I have them in different folders to keep like with like but every one does appear in the list. I am a hoarder and save everything.

If you need any help put your questions in computer and internet forum (I always do) and somebody will help, if complicated best to do it by PM when someone asks for more details.

Things are looking a bit damp on our nests and it is raining here too.

Good luck.

The Osprey Godmother

Hello again, WBC/Wildlife TV will be taking advertisement soon. Every 100, 1000 or how many times that you click on an advertisement it will generates a very small amount of money, as they do on this website.

The new webcams will be additional to the website that is in the process of a revamp. There is on the site a very easy to use Forum, a Diary from Mr. Farmer that also keeps you informed of what is happening with the webcams, and a Photo page that you can send photographs into. The Manager of SWT The Lock of the Lowe's when he gets time will also answers your questions.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back