• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch of the Lowes Ospreys 2009 (1 Viewer)

I see Marge is still sitting all alone looking for Homer and it is very windy up there like here.

Ann :egghead::flyaway::flyaway:

They were definitely playing about with the picture earlier, and I think there was only one fish, just shown again!

I wish LOTL would have something on the screen when it's a replay so that we know it's not live - or have "live" on the screen when it's live. Then we wouldn't get confused!

It is good to see Marge again though, isn't it?

I know exactly what you mean. It is confusing when one is not sure whether it is live or a replay. I noticed that last year.

First time on since my last post!! Wow.

Ann Your thread - my thread - its ok. I'm just glad we are all here to lose our summer yet again LOL.

I've not seen Marge yet but will tune in tomorrow to see her in all her glory.

Fingers crossed Mr Marge aka Homer also makes it.

Heres to 2009

Yours truly

Chuffed to bits

Ann

Last edited:
Hi Ann,

She is a very good looking (old) bird, puts a lot of us older uns to shame she does. No eyebrow lifts, tucks, nose and boob jobs that the celebrities have done and make themselves look even older with hair colours that don't suit them. Marge is a creation of nature at its best and she doesn't seem to have aches and pains in her joints that's for sure the way she moves about and caught that big fish.

It is not another summer lost for me Ann, it is my first at home and it will be a pleasure watching them all. If only I could have the wall covered in screens from top to bottom and I could watch them all at the same time and wouldn't get confused which was which as I would have them all labelled.

Here's hoping Homer gets home soon.

The Osprey Godmother

At present there is an Engineer on camera and I think Marge is flying around as he just ducked his head.

Osprey Godmother

Hi Ann,

It is very exciting. One minute the engineer was there then the nest was empty again. I didn't know who to ring ha ha and didn't see Marge come back either.

The Osprey Godmother

Hi Everybody,

The camera is not working at present must be these strong winds we all seem to be having.

I will keep watching.

The Osprey Godmother

The camera was back on line earlier but the nest was empty.

Now the camera is still working and Marge looks comfortable for the night in solitary splendour and keeps checking the sky for Homer.

It is wonderful to be able to see what happens in the dark as well.

The Osprey Godmother

She's still alone :(. I don't think he appeared until the end of March last year so no worries yet. Its really windy up here yet again today. Its sunny so far but a bit chilly. The dear old girl has hankered down in her nest so hopefully she's getting a wee bit of shelter.

Hi Ann

Doesn't Marge look sad she keeps watching the sky? I put a message on my wall on Facebook hoping Homer reads it and gets a move on. (Daft old bat I am).

I have just had some visitors here and felt sure Homer would arrive while I wasn't watching the camera so thank you for being there as well.

I thought she caught a fish earlier and just dropped it in the nest as if to encourage Homer, sorry don't know how else to put that.

I know to most people birds are just birds but when you can share Ospreys' lives via the web cams I feel very honoured and don't want to miss anything. At least this year I will be home watching the eggs laid and the chicks grow up, so much happened in the time I was away last year.

The Osprey Godmother

They might "just" be birds but we all know they are so much more than that. I get prickly eyes when I think of this old girl, Marge. If she could tell us what she's seen in her travels!! I feel privileged that I've seen her in the flesh/feathers. I look forward to all our ups and downs and banter this year.

PS I've added you on face book :)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back