• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

.xls files (1 Viewer)

Wendy Morris

Every now and again I get a xls file sent on an email. I do not have and don't need Excel in all its glory! However, I understand that rather like just being able to view pps files without the whole of Powerpoint being installed, there are programs available that let you see xls files. If this is the case, can anyone recommend which one I should install please?

Hi Wendy

OpenOffice is a very good programme - it will open Excel and Word documents and is free.

I find it an excellent programme

D

OpenOffice is a great app but quite a big file.
If you just want to see the spreadsheet,download Excel Viewer from the Microsoft website.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back