• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Insurance on a Pixmania Nikon 4500 (1 Viewer)

Sonia

I'm about to buy a Nikon 4500 from Pixmania. I've trolled through lots of the threads and see that there are different opinions on both the reliability of the camera - and Pixmania. I'm considering buying a 5 year insurance through Pixmania at a cost of £65.00.

Does anyone have any experience with Pixmania insurance - or indeed any comments at all related to insurance for cameras.

With thanks

Sonia

For insurance of photo equipment I recommend checking out your house insurance. I extended my policy to cover all of my equipment so it doesn't matter when it gets upgraded.

As regards Extended Warranties, then I suppose it depends on what it covers, but as Brian says, I don't expect to keep my CP4500 for another four years either, but the figure you quote doesn't sound too bad depending on what it covers.

Thanks to all for replying to my query. I did in fact mean extended warranty, but Ian's timely reminder has meant that I am speaking to our home insurers re: getting the camera put on our insurance. Pixmania do give a 2 year warranty, but that notwithstanding, I went and bought the extended warranty - it did seem like quite good value.

On Pixmania, I have to say that I was very pleased with the customer service, both telephone and on-line and also the service at the shop in London, where I picked my camera up from(?!) the next day. I am also very pleased with the saving I made on the cost of the camera - oh and the camera is lovely to use too.

With thanks
Sonia

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back