• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

P900 firmware update (1 Viewer)

Thanks Mike! I had quit looking for firmware updates to the P900 a while ago thinking they were done. Have you done the update and if so, any issues?

The firmware updating advantages of the P900 is one thing that is seldom mentioned when folks compare it to the Canon SX60. I hope Canon will go that route should they ever come out with a new super zoom.

Thanks Mike! I had quit looking for firmware updates to the P900 a while ago thinking they were done. Have you done the update and if so, any issues?

The firmware updating advantages of the P900 is one thing that is seldom mentioned when folks compare it to the Canon SX60. I hope Canon will go that route should they ever come out with a new super zoom.

I made the mistake of selling my P900 a while ago, haven't bought another in case they bring a new model out.

Another Update for the P900 to Version 1.5

Nikon issued another firmware update for the Nikon P900.

Per the Nikon USA website:
- Version 1.5
- Issue date June 6th, 2018

Changes from 1.4 to 1.5:
The display when Home time zone or Travel destination is selected in the Set up > Time zone and date > Time zone sub-menu now shows only the names of major cities in the currently selected zone.

http://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/download/fw/290.html

The update referenced in the first post of this thread was for version 1.4 issued around April 20, 2018.

The ability to update the firmware is a nice feature the Nikon has over some of the other super zooms.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back