• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tit population (1 Viewer)

jayhunter

B :) Has any body else noticed the size of the "Tit" population this year has exploded, my garden is full of Blue, Great and Coal tits at the moment. They are using the feeders but are also foraging in the Honeysuckle, Broom, Birch and Fir, but what I have noticed for the first time this year is that the Blue tits have a fondness for my Fennel. There were up to five birds at a time on one frond bending down the Umbels and knoshing the fennel seeds.

I've noticed a lot of long-tailed around my area, and this morning I almost missed my train after I got transfixed watching half a dozen blue tits playing in a tree on the way to work |=)|

You lucky people, up to now 3 blue tits-2 great tits-2coal tits. :-C
will swap somebody for some house sparrows todays count 50+
bert.

bert said:
You lucky people, up to now 3 blue tits-2 great tits-2coal tits. :-C
will swap somebody for some house sparrows todays count 50+
bert.
ahh...bert. The grass is always greener.... ;)

Helen,

Yesterday lunchtime my garden was fairly buzzing with tits of all descriptions. I was trying hard to count them and could only manage 5 bluetits, 4 great tits, 2 coal tits and a long-tailed tit, but I know for sure there were more of them than that. Everywhere I looked I could see birds flitting around. In the middle of that my juvenile willow warbler reappeared. Up until a few days ago I had never seen one, now I've seen a juvenile twice and an adult once.

This was the first year that we had great tits successfully nest in our bird box, and blue tits nested in the next door garden

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back