• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trittiford mill pond and the dingles bird sightings (1 Viewer)

Yesterday the Kingfisher flew along the River Cole and veered off again. Then it started the 2 tone call. Grey Wagtail then along the river catching insects.

It's good to live in the Birmingham delta with all these rivers, brooks, canals & canal feeders to find a Kingfisher lol.
After all the rain, the River Cole was quite high, fast & muddy. But yesterday & this morning the Kingfisher was present.

I was up, out and early, yesterday.
Along the River Cole there were 2 Little Egrets.
Unfortunately the Kingfisher timed it's fly through at the same time as an early morning dog walker lol.
It stopped briefly but was soon off.

Dont know if the Kingfisher has been successful along the River Cole. I thought it was flying in with fish but now it seems to have stopped.
Today it just stopped to fish. A Heron and Little Egret were present as well.

Yesterday waiting on the River Cole. I heard a Kingfisher calling in the distance. Then three went past with the tutting call. Then two flew back. Hopefully this means there were Juveniles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back