• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Royal Tern - band 1054-28583 or 1094-28583 - Texas (1 Viewer)

Mark B Bartosik

I realize, from past experience, that there is a slim chance to find the bander but because banded ROYTs on Upper Texas Coast are rather rare and one I found before was flagged as unusual (migration route) I will give a shot.

I have one number missing in the prefix so there are 10 possible combinations. One combination was used to band an owl, seven other possible combinations were never issued and two were used to band ROYTs: 1054-28583 and 1094-28583. I was informed before that if band is placed upside-down this info is not recorded. Perhaps individual banders make this note in their records? This band was placed upside-down (lower right leg) - so if other combination was not it would be easy to identified both terns in this case.

If you are the bander who placed one of these bands please contact me so we can exchange the data. With missing number I cannot enter this info into the database.

Best regards,

Mark

Attachments

• ROYT 10x4-28583 800.jpg
    ROYT 10x4-28583 800.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back