• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding on Google Streetview, a new frontier? (1 Viewer)

Ruff

Two birds in one.
I caught this on a CBC radio broadcast yesterday. One of the stranger birding pursuits I've come across, strange for me I mean but others are really into it, often as the man says those who are in front of a monitor at work all day. The idea is to list as many birds as possible by touring landscapes using Google Streetview, something that I myself can only stand for a very short time on the rare occasions I open Google anymore. At any rate, here's the link to the show in question:

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/spark/is-t...birders-flock-to-google-street-view-1.4945343

some people obviously have far too much time on their hands and need to get out a bit more.8-P

That said I will probably check out my street now.

Edit: So a quick scan up my street produced a total of 4 woodpigs and a crow sitting on TV ariels. Had hopes of at least one of the regular Mistle thrush on the park across the road but at the time of the pictures there was lots of people out and about. (did date the images to about two to three years ago due to the fact that my old car was still in the drive and my newly built Bin store in the front garden was not there)

Last edited:
some people keep a list of birds seen or hear on TV, but I don't know if that includes nature documentaries (if so, it's a bit too easy for me).

I checked our street and found one dragonfly, 3 Magpies (might be same bird(s)) and one bird what I'm think is Pigeon - Wood or Feral. Feral is more possible cos it is photoed on October. Quite interestingly, the lower street had photographed at August (Dragonfly was there). House on 3rd and last photos left side is ours. :king:

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    134.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    112.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    148.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    228.4 KB · Views: 15
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back