• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Minox Binoculars and various other topics . (1 Viewer)

Woodcock1965

Dear members,
Like many of our readers and members, all types of wildlife, birds and natural history have attracted myself since our early childhood days.
However, progression especially with modern day technology of today has produced so many modern day optics, telescopes and binoculars of which could only at former times be something of a dream even to think of owning such items.
However, Nowadays it is somewhat the norm to be able to purchase even high_ optics at relatively affordable prices.
My question is, to many of our more knowledgable members than myself, especially when concerning binoculars or telescopes; are of anyone's opinions regarding the well-known optics company who produce very good telescopes and binoculars for a wide range of a activities of which include not just "Birding" but hunting also. I ,myself, did mention in a certain earlier post of what our members thought of the Minox 10x44 bl HD binoculars as a friend had his own pair for sale.
He has contacted myself once again asking if I'd considering a swap for my trusty, reliable, perhaps out-date pair of Zeiss 10 x40 B\GatT* P*and some money.
His Minox are as new condition and my Zeiss for the year are of very good condition and not one single mark on any of the lens.
In people's opinions, i'd love to hear from anyone's first hand experience of which is the better of the 2 binoculars if compared together in all departments, any advice would be really appreciated.
Yours Faithfully, Woodcock.
P.S.What would the Zeiss be worth nowadays in more or less excellent condition please?

Hi Woodcock1965,
The question is, would you regret having sold the good condition older Zeiss?
It might be difficult to replace.

The Minox is probably easy to acquire.

If able, I would keep the Zeiss and buy the Minox at a good price also.

Hi from Sheffield Woodcock

Your friend clearly has a higher opinion of your Zeiss than he has of his own Minox, otherwise why would he want to swap? If you respect your friend's opinions and judgement then maybe this tells you that you should keep your Dialyt. If you want a more up to date companion for your 10x40 then I suggest Zeiss's Conquest HD 8x32 which with its great close focus, great field of view and a fast focus speed, would be perfect.

Lee

As the Minox is around £400 and there is a Zeiss Dialyt 10x40 T*P (notP*) for sale at £499 I assume your friend will exchange plus give you at least £100 (for a T*P* it should be more like £180).
I haven't handled the Minox yet but I would be reluctant to part with the Classic Zeiss.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back