• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird id in New Hampshire (1 Viewer)

vijay0828

Spotted this atop Mount Liberty in NH. Thought it might be a Nuthatch of some kind, but beak looked wrong colour. Could you id please? many thanks

Attachments

• Closeup.jpg
    Closeup.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 161
Thanks - much appreciated. A couple more here please:

Attachments

• IMG_5089.jpg
    IMG_5089.jpg
    987.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5086.jpg
    IMG_5086.jpg
    834 KB · Views: 60
Some more that we saw up at Lake Umbagog in Errol, NH.

I thought the first might be a buzzard of some type?
Are the 3rd and 4th Cormorants?

Attachments

• Umbagog1.jpg
    Umbagog1.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Umbagog2.jpg
    Umbagog2.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Umbagog3.jpg
    Umbagog3.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Umbagog4.jpg
    Umbagog4.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Umbagog5b.jpg
    Umbagog5b.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 31
Some more from the same area. Sorry, some are a bit blurry as they were from a video shot:
Second looks like a Grey Heron?
Fourth might just be a Robin, but didn't get a very clear look?

Attachments

• Umbagog6b.jpg
    Umbagog6b.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Umbagog7.jpg
    Umbagog7.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Umbagog8.jpg
    Umbagog8.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Umbagog9.jpg
    Umbagog9.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Umbagog10.jpg
    Umbagog10.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 25
Post 9 shows a 3rd year Bald Eagle, a Belted Kingfisher, some Canada Geese, some Wood Ducks and a Cedar Waxwing.

Post 10 shows a Cedar Waxwing, a Great Blue Heron, a Cedar Waxwing, an American Robin, and a White-breasted Nuthatch.

Please create a new thread for each new question. Asking about five birds in one post is fine, but adding more and more to the thread creates confusion.

Please create a new thread for each new question. Asking about five birds in one post is fine, but adding more and more to the thread creates confusion.

I added to the thread because they were all observed in the same state (i.e. similar location) on the same trip. I thought it would help not to clutter the forum with too many threads. But if you prefer, I can start new threads as you suggest.

I added to the thread because they were all observed in the same state (i.e. similar location) on the same trip. I thought it would help not to clutter the forum with too many threads. But if you prefer, I can start new threads as you suggest.

No worries about cluttering the Forum and it would be much easier if you just started a new thread and still put location and time of year on each thread ;)

You have your Ids, I just wanted to add the Canada Jay on the rocks is an excellent photo.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back