• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A few moths at last (1 Viewer)

Thought I'd give it one last go before the cold spell last night. Wish I hadn't bothered - just three orthosias. Looks like its off until next week at least.

Back to the fray

Mike,
Thanks for the Eriocrania subpurpurella - had three more last night, my first night for five nights. 6.4 to 8.2 deg C, dry till 07.00, calm at first then windy later. Relatively quiet with two traps catching 184 moths of 14 species. Not a lot of note, just the usual suspects. A very nice Red Chestnut, one of three, that just had to be photographed. Micros were Diurnea fagella (1), Acleris notana/ferrugana (1) and the three E. subp's noted above.
The forecast does not look good, especially for the weekend. Play it by ear.
All the best
Pete H

Given the length of this thread, is it worthwhile considering starting a new one each week/month? Otherwise it's going to be rather long by the end of the summer!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back