• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Reviews on the House of Outdoor website (1 Viewer)

Thank you gentlemen/gentlewomen that you appreciate my test reports. In the near future some more will be posted on the House of Outdoor WEB-site. I know since I am preparing them in collaboration with my colleagues in the laboratory.
Gijs van Ginkel

Putting money aside, hands down the Swaro 15X56 wins every time to me over the Conquest.

Andy W.

I can't believe I had the hubris to declare a 'winner' in those early reviews! There are just so many factors involved in whether a bino suits a person and their intended use for it.

SLCs are lovely binos for sure, although didn't Swaro increase the close focus distance on them? Not so important on the 15x56 but on the 8/10x42 it would be for some folks.

Lee

In post 5 I thought that referred was to the other test site on the WEB-site of House of Outdoor, where most of my tests are published. I had not seen the new review section by Lee yet and Jan forgot to mention it when we talked yesterday about new tests and new developments.
The credits I took in my post 5 are fully for Lee Thickett, so Lee congratulations with your attempts to inhibit Brexit and stay in touch with The Netherlands and the European binocular users.
Gijs van Ginkel

Last edited by a moderator:
In post 5 I thought that referred was to the other test site on the WEB-site of House of Outdoor, where most of my tests are published. I had not seen the new review section by Lee yet and Jan forgot to mention it when we talked yesterday about new tests and new developments.
The credits I took in my post 5 are fully for Lee Thickett, so Lee congratulations with your attempts to inhibit Brexit and stay in touch with The Netherlands and the European binocular users.
Gijs van Ginkel

Gijs

You are very gracious. Thank you for your kind words. It is a privilege to join you on the House of Outdoor Website.

Brexit? Schmexit! All of my working life I have enjoyed working with or for people from Europe and I am lucky to have friends in Sweden, Germany, France, Italy and more recently in the Netherlands.

Lee

For me, the link works fine, so maybe it‘s your PC setup that blocks it?

Yes Panic :)-O)
The link works fine for me too.

Following your use of Pinac as a signature I thought I would try another version and Panic sounded just right :-O

Lee

Of course, only joking.

Lee - I always enjoy reading your reviews, along with a few others (e.g. Chuck, Frank, Steve, Alexis) as they are very much field based. Subjective, to be sure, but subjective reviews are fantastic when they are in-depth and detailed and also can be combined with relative quantifiable data (e.g. transmission %, distortion, color bias) published by others such as Gijs.

Justin

Lee - I always enjoy reading your reviews, along with a few others (e.g. Chuck, Frank, Steve, Alexis) as they are very much field based. Subjective, to be sure, but subjective reviews are fantastic when they are in-depth and detailed and also can be combined with relative quantifiable data (e.g. transmission %, distortion, color bias) published by others such as Gijs.

Justin

Thanks Justin, Birdforum is fortunate to have many reviewers, optics experts, and indeed regular members, visiting and contributing in their different ways.

Lee

For me, the link works fine, so maybe it‘s your PC setup that blocks it?
No, "404 Error" is a website blocking a client, not the other way around.
Try copying and pasting the link onto your internet browser.
There's no reason that should matter, and it doesn't. I seem to recall not having been able to access this site in the past either. Has anyone in the USA been able to? (Not to totally derail the thread...)

I have no problem with access to the website. Works like a charm using a Mac with OS 10.11.16. What equipment do you have, tenex?

Ed

No, "404 Error" is a website blocking a client, not the other way around.

There's no reason that should matter, and it doesn't. I seem to recall not having been able to access this site in the past either. Has anyone in the USA been able to? (Not to totally derail the thread...)

Tenex

Try going the long way round instead of the link:

Google House of Outdoor, it come up top of the list, click on it.
The site opens with a pic of the shop but scroll down to the bottom of the page and in the dark field, the left hand column is called Verrekijkers (means binos).

Look down the list and just over halfway down there is the title Reviews verrekijkers. Click this and hopefully you will arrive at the reviews section.

Lee

No, that wouldn't matter either. Thanks all, I'll just ignore threads about this site in the future.

[Edit: for the record the error was 403 Forbidden as I originally stated, not the more common 404 (Not Found) as I subsequently wrote from memory.]

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back