• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What EP and I getting ? (1 Viewer)

tealboy1

Is this a Mc1 or mc2 and what are pros and cons of this zoom? Are these 2 different ep,s or just one as it looks like something is already attached to the scope. Sorry, new to scopes. The description makes it sound like 2, see below. Also, if I were to add a wa fixed power, what do you recommend and how much do they cost, understand they are hard to come by but 30x?

Nikon 20-45 x 60mm Fieldscope ED spotting scope. Includes 60/78 & 20x-45x zoom eyepieces.

Attachments

• F3E70604-B5EE-4AB1-B864-A676FF6E152D.jpg
    F3E70604-B5EE-4AB1-B864-A676FF6E152D.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 5FB33B21-0CAF-4537-A797-10FF94CC1906.jpg
    5FB33B21-0CAF-4537-A797-10FF94CC1906.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 70
Looks like an ED2 with the black, rubberised bit on the prism housing and the red ring around the objective end (denotes ED model). The 30xW would be your best option, if you can find one that is! I had the ED1 for several years back in the day but, as I recall, it couldn't take the zoom or the 30x, but the 20x is also a pretty good option.

RB

Hi,

yes, ED II and the 20-45x zoom plus some 24x @60mm and 30x @78mm fixed EP with rubber eyecup in the scope.

Joachim

Hi,

yes,...20-45 zoom plus some 24x @60mm and 30x @78mm fixed EP with rubber eyecup in the scope.

Joachim

My apologies, but I don’t understand this statement “plus, some 24x and 30x@78 with rubber eyecup”

Does that mean there are 2 separate eyepieces, one is a 20-45 zoom and the second will be a 24x fixed since this is a 60mm scope?

Indeed. As visible on the 2nd image.

Joachim

Great! Thanks. Can you tell if it is the 24xDS or WF? Believe the wf offers a eyecup and the ds does not as it is primarily used for dgiscoping based on google but I can’t tell from the pic which it is.

Last edited:
Great! Thanks. Can you tell if it is the 24xDS or WF? Believe the wf offers a eyecup and the ds does not as it is primarily used for dgiscoping based on google but I can’t tell from the pic which it is.

It's one of the older (original) ep with fold down eyecup and not MC/DS. Not much difference optically. If you wear glasses check out the DS series.

The EDii scopes are absolute workhorses, really popular in the 90's and still perfectly competent performers. I had one for 3 years and it worked without fault in climes from desert to rainforest.

Enjoy!

It's one of the older (original) ep with fold down eyecup and not MC/DS. Not much difference optically. If you wear glasses check out the DS series.

The EDii scopes are absolute workhorses, really popular in the 90's and still perfectly competent performers. I had one for 3 years and it worked without fault in climes from desert to rainforest.

Enjoy!

I confirmed, It is the WF series.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back