• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica duovids (1 Viewer)

Has anyone compared the Duovids to the Leupld Switchpower models? I would assume the Duovids are noticeably better but would be curious to hear a comparison regardless.

[QUOTE

Which bins have the biggest FOV then ?[/QUOTE]

my Miyauachi 5x30 Binons have a 13+ degree FOV,
but I would not recommend them for birding.

edj

8-12 Duovids

Hey Everyone,

First post on this forum.

I just bought a pair of 8-12x42 duovids. I'm real excited about using them in the field. I let you know how they turn out. I've read some of the posts on this forum, and I have to admit I'm a little nervous about the quality of the binos, specifically the eyecups. I use a Leica televid 66 (?) at work and the eye cup is about to fall off! The eye cup was repaired about two months ago by leica and sand got in it and jammed it again. I did a little in-the-field repair and lost two of the three ball bearings that hold the thing together. I currently own a pair of Zeiss Conquest 12x45 and a pair of Conquest 8x30's and it is the versatility of the Leicas that made me purchase them. I work on the beach and in Longleaf Pine Savannah, where an 8 power bino won't cut it on the beach and a 12 power bino is too much in the Savannah. So I'm looking forward to using top optics and two different power settings.
I'll post some updates here on the binos once I get a little sand and water on them.

Until then,
Karl

Hi Karl

First welcome to Bird Forum, and second great news on the bins buddy, you will love em they are a fantastic piece of kit.

Happy Birding

welcome, and congratulations,

I have had my 10+15x50s for 3-4 months, and so far they are my most used binoculars.
I would suggest a bino harness due to their weight-I use the Mad Dog one.

edj

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back