• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon G2 with Pentax PF-80 ED (1 Viewer)

AirData

Here is a photo I shot with a Canon G2 and Pentax PF-80 ED. I thought it came out pretty good.

Attachments

• img_1910.jpg
    img_1910.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 609
Pic looks good, i pm'd you about what eyepiece you use before i saw this post. Was that taken with the zoom eyepiece? You might want to try the xl-28 or xl-21 fixed eyepieces with you canon.

AirData said:
I use a ScopeTronix MaxView40 with the scope.

It works well.How much magnification does it give you? Do you know the exit pupil diameter of the maxview, i'm going to have to replace my cp990 and if nikon doesn't come out with a 5mp swivel lens then i may look at a canon, but i don't want to have to get another eyepiece.

Polyoly: Check out his site, http://www.scopetronix.com/digiscoping.htm it will give you the details of their systems for spotting scopes. I also have a Meade 90 RA telescope that I use the MaxView40 with and several other lenses for my Meade Telescope. I like the MaxView40 so I use it the most. Makes a good sound connection with scope and camera...no bracket or support system needed IMHO.

Also, take a look at this page: http://www.scopetronix.com/maxview40.htm

The MaxView 40 is a unique fully multi-coated eyepiece and variable projection camera adapter all in one.

Jordan Blessing at ScopeTronix is really nice to work with. I highly recommend them.

PS. I never got PM'd??? Sorry I missed it.

Walther: Thanks for the kind remarks :)

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back