• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Amercan Veteran saves Bald Eagle by sharp shooting (1 Viewer)

I saw this on the news. Good for him. I'm surprised the Fire Department said there was nothing they could do to help.

Gosh!!! That's incredible, isn't it.

thanks KC. I'm really surprised none of the official agencies were willing to attend though.

Most fire departments will not get involved in something like this because being that high up and trying to rescue a animal of any type can turn dangerous and cause the rescuer to become the victim in an instant. To safely rescue a bird that is tangled up like that the local fire department would need a Ladder Truck and not many rural departments have them. Most have a small budget and with Ladder trucks running three quarters of a million dollars and up they just don't have the budget or really the need for them.

That said this is a great story and I hope the Eagle is eventually released back into the wild.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back