• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yellow Browed Warbler Moor Green Lakes (1 Viewer)

George London

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about where this bird is on the reserve (if it is still there and tending to stay in one place). I attach a link to a map of the reserve:

http://www.mglg.org.uk/reserve-map.htm

There are reports from today and yesterday on birdguides and I am planning to go searching tomorrow.

Many thanks! George

I saw this bird yesterday. Head to the river from the car park and turn right. Go along the river and look for the mixed species flock, mainly comprising Goldcrests and LT Tits. The YBW is associating with this flock. Good luck...

Very jealous well done! Thanks very much for the directions, I may well give it another go on Saturday if its still there.

Tried last Saturday but no joy... However, got some brilliant view of snipe including a grazing flock of no less than 17!

Thank you again Robin.

George

Very jealous well done! Thanks very much for the directions, I may well give it another go on Saturday if its still there.

Tried last Saturday but no joy... However, got some brilliant view of snipe including a grazing flock of no less than 17!

Thank you again Robin.

George

It is pretty elusive. A friend of mine has tried today without success but others have had more luck. There was a Black-necked Grebe reported yesterday as well.

Robin, second time lucky (well, to be fair last Saturday i was going for Yellow Browed!) got some record shots of Pallas Warbler there yesterday, but wow it was busy I felt a bit bad for you locals having such an influx! Not sure whether anyone one has decided whether there is Pallas and Yellow Browed, or whether there is a debate as to whether there are two birds or one.

Cheers George

PS Speaking to Lee Evans was also,something of a tick, but didn't get any shots;)!

Pallas Warbler

Nice find George, never seen one before, we had a Yellow-browed wintering in G1braltar last year :)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back