• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Large number of late Swallows? (1 Viewer)

KenM

Went to Walton-on-Naze, Essex, yesterday and counted 26 Swallows on an overhead wire!

An unusual number for this time of year, or are there other large flocks elsehere in the country, perhaps they are waiting for the imminent Northerly winds...due this weekend?

cheers

There are still Swallows in the Highlands, which is proving noteworthy. not just ones and twos. I presume the wet spring caused several later third and second broods and these are only just departing.

Lost the Swallows here a good few weeks back now, only the odd single sighting now and then, but I usually see some still around in November. The House Martins were still on mass up until about a week ago but like the Swallows have mostly gone too.

There are still Swallows in the Highlands, which is proving noteworthy. not just ones and twos. I presume the wet spring caused several later third and second broods and these are only just departing.

Taking pics of the moon this evening just before dusk over moray and.....swallows flitted through the view finder.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back