• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tripods that can take a camera and scope simultaneously? (1 Viewer)

DavidNB

I was just talking to someone on the phone who said he thought that was possible, and it would certainly make life easier to have the two on one, in terms of walking to viewpoints and/or swapping over gear onto a single tripod.

Anyone know if it is-

Possible

Any good?

Not ludicrously expensive?

Any suggestions about makes and fittings?

I have a Celestron 20-60x80 scope and a Canon SX50HS bridge camera.

The IS on the camera is amazing - usable at full smart zoom ie 100x, but still it surely has to be better with the IS off, on a tripod and using a remote shutter control like the one I have just ordered off ebay for a few quid.

David

Thanks. At that price I think I'd like to test it in a shop before buying, and also I see it's pretty much made to order.

Hmm

David

After talking things over with the guy at my local camera shop I got one tripod, with a fitting each for camera and scope so that I can swap them over very quickly.

Thanks to those who chimed in, though.

David

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back