• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoping Dragonflies (1 Viewer)

That was an impressively quick response, Steve. :t:
I'm getting Dragonflies through bins--is that the same as 'the Dunkle book'?

Last edited:
Now got Dragonflies through bins which is by Dunkle. Excellent book. Very good introductory chapters. I'm interested that he recommends photoing dragonflies with a 100mm lens. I use the equiv. of a 420mm and even then they are often hard to approach. (But he does sometimes put them in the icebox before he photos them :gn:).
I wish some of the photos were a bit bigger!
As with birds, the American terminology is somewhat different from the British. Darners for hawkers, for example. But I can live with that.
I wonder if there's an equiv book for damsels?
(The Americans have the advantage of cheaper books... presumably because they have a larger market. I only paid £7 for Dunkle whereas the European guide I have was more like £30--and it's in French :-C)
Overall rating of book: 4 stars:t: :t: :t: :t:

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back