• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Butterflies Hants/Sussex 8th July (1 Viewer)

Arbu

I'm heading from London down to the Hampshire/West Sussex border for the evening of 8th July. Can anyone offer any suggestions for a location I could visit beforehand to view butterflies? I'd very much like to see Purple Emperor and Purple Hairstreak.

Birding would be OK too, but I wouldn't see any new birds, whereas I could potentially see new butterflies.

Thanks

Both butterflies can be found in the London area. Bookham Common is a well known site, Ruislip Woods support both + believe Hampstead Heath too.

Both butterflies can be found in the London area. Bookham Common is a well known site, Ruislip Woods support both + believe Hampstead Heath too.

But I'd rather be somewhere more rural. I'll look into Bookham Common though.

Went to Bookham Common. Saw Purple Emperor, Purple Hairstreak, White Admiral, Silver-washed Fritillary and lots of Commas.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back