• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Baby Starlings (1 Viewer)

djonair

I found a baby Starling (I think) in the middle of the road last week, Nest, Trees, Grass no where to be found, so I took him home. Looks about 14 days now and has all feathers, Its perching and is in a cage now. Not eating and drinking on its own. When feeding it...do I give it plain water? Or rely on Exact baby bird formula for the water source? I know how to feed it, just not sure about the water. Thanks you for your time on this.

Chappel

Hi Chappel and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

We have some general guidelines here for the care of injured and baby birds.

Can he not fly if he has all its feathers? To advise further it would help to know the species, so could you post a picture of him.

Once birds have left the nest they should be on adult food and if you have a European Starling that is mostly insects (though they will eat almost anything).

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks for posting the pictures Chappel, though it doesn't help me, I can't quite make out what he is.

I'm going to move your thread to the ID forum, as I'm sure they'll be able to confirm the ID. I see you're subscribed to the thread so you should be able to find it easily.

He doesn't look too far off being able to fledge I don't think.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back