• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Boa Vista (1 Viewer)

tupelo080135

Birding is a way of life
Sorry if on wrong page but Cape Verde is Portugeuse colony. Sorry about spelling as well. Visiting Boa Vista in a week and wondered if anyone been there I can talk to. What to see where to see them etc etc etc. Romantic holiday but come on birding must be done.o:)o:)

Help please

Sorry if on wrong page but Cape Verde is Portugeuse colony. Sorry about spelling as well. Visiting Boa Vista in a week and wondered if anyone been there I can talk to. What to see where to see them etc etc etc. Romantic holiday but come on birding must be done.o:)o:)

Help please

Most birders do several islands to get all the endemics, the only Boavista only trip report I know of is:-

http://www.surfbirds.com/trip_report.php?id=1597

Stephen

I went last summer. Corral Velho is the place for Magnificent Frigatebird which are still present. Cream-coloured Courser, Bar-tailed, Hoopoe and Black-crowned Sparrow Larks in the desert behind. Brown-necked Raven, Alexander's Kestrel, Iago Sparrow, Spanish Sparrow, Osprey, Spectacled Warbler, Brown Booby all easy in the area. Any fresh water pools hold waders with small lagoons in the sand dunes of the beach in places.

Full trip report on my blog in August 2011

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back