• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any Hawfinch at Cromford? (1 Viewer)

We tried a week ago and dipped but another guy there said they are still around. To be honest,we’ve failed there most times over the years and prefer to go elsewhere eg Conwy valley.

Thaks Cheshirebirder, that is very helpful. Conwy Valley is a bit of a hike from West Yorkshire - maybe try Fountains Abbey.

Just bumping this up for 2022, out a spirit of desperation if nothing else.

Have there been any Hawfinch sightings in Cromford in 2022, or even 2021?

If you are travelling from Yorkshire, probably easier to go to Rufford Country Park or Clumber, there are consistently 10+ reported each day at Rufford
Thanks. I have never heard of this spot before but it sounds worth a visit. The Notts forum seems pretty well inactive though. Where can I get information about access and the best sites?

8 went to Clumber )ark the other day and had a couple of Hawfinches straight away. They were in the trees directly between the Chapel and the lake. Someone else had seen 8 earlier but I was pushed for time as there were 9ther birds to see nearby.The W(elbeck raptor watchpoint is worth a visit if the weather is suitable with a decent chance of Goshawk. Just turn left after leaving the road to the car park drive straight on and at the junction turn right then immediate left. You can view either from the feeding station or further along where there is an obvious very large gap in the trees.. If you get parked at Clumber for first light you should be able to park for free before the hut is manned on the approach road.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back