• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leupold 8x42mm HD binocular - For Sale (1 Viewer)

DavePA

Leupold 8x42mm Golden Ring HD Binocular Model # 62810 - gently used; excellent condition. Binocular has center focus, roof prism, phase coated glass and is 100% waterproof. Comes with carrying case, strap and manual. Made in USA. If you are familiar with the Leupold name, you already know their reputation. These are no longer made and difficult to find. You may ask why I am selling them? I have had two retinal detachments. Thank the Lord I can see again after being partially blind, but my thick shooting glasses now require a lower magnification binocular with longer eye relief in order to obtain a reasonable field of view.

Asking $575. I will ship insured to lower 48 states for additional $25. I don't get a chance to check my account often, so if you're interested or need more information, please contact me with text message at 814.449.1768. Thanks for looking and Happy New Year to all!

Dave

Leupold 8x42mm Golden Ring HD Binocular Model # 62810 - gently used; excellent condition. Binocular has center focus, roof prism, phase coated glass and is 100% waterproof. Comes with carrying case, strap and manual. Made in USA. If you are familiar with the Leupold name, you already know their reputation. These are no longer made and difficult to find. You may ask why I am selling them? I have had two retinal detachments. Thank the Lord I can see again after being partially blind, but my thick shooting glasses now require a lower magnification binocular with longer eye relief in order to obtain a reasonable field of view.

Asking $575. I will ship insured to lower 48 states for additional $25. I don't get a chance to check my account often, so if you're interested or need more information, please contact me with text message at 814.449.1768. Thanks for looking and Happy New Year to all!

Dave

Hi, Dave,

I hope you sell your binos. However, for a time Leupold ASSEMBLED two pocket models from Asian parts. They do not now—nor have they ever— MANUFACTURED binoculars.

That said, if it's collimated, it's a very nice instrument. :cat:

Bill

Last edited:
FWIW Albinos ranks the Leupold 8x32 Gold Ring 3rd in the 8x32 category. (They did not test the 8x42 Gold Ring.)

https://www.allbinos.com/184-binoculars_review-Leupold_Golden_Ring_8x32_HD.html

Bob

Hi, Bob:

I would accept, "perfect for all PRACTICAL purposes." But "perfect" is a misnomer. 3:) At least they spelled BaK4 correctly, as opposed to bak4, Bak 4, BAK 4, BAK4, and "Back 4." Sadly, while for some of the people who are most ardent about technical accuracy, when it comes to glass types ... one size fits all. Pity, really. But, as we have seen, especially lately, some people are willing to seek adoration for proffering their erroneous opinions. :cat:

Bill

Last edited:
Hi, Bob:

I would accept, "perfect for all PRACTICAL purposes." But "perfect" is a misnomer. 3:) At least they spelled BaK4 correctly, as opposed to bak4, Bak 4, BAK 4, BAK4, and "Back 4." Sadly, for some of the people, who are most ardent about technical accuracy, when it comes to glass types ... one size fits all. Pity, really. But, as we have seen, especially lately, some people are willing to seek adoration for proffering their erroneous opinions. :cat:

Bill

Hi Bill,

I agree, but I'll give them "A" for effort! Somewhere among the hundreds of binoculars Allbinos has reviewed they probably got a couple for poor collimation but I, for one; am not going to go through the reviews trying to find out which ones they are!:eek!::C

Happy New Year!

Bob

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back