• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Sighting Houst (1 Viewer)

Dane2259

Hello, I live in Houston and yesterday a strong wind passed through, and I saw a bird I have never seen before that I believe was migrating and had to land because of the storm. I hope someone can help me identify it because I have not been able to and it's driving me crazy. The bird looked similar to a Blue Jay but smaller, was black, and had some red on the back or stomach. It landed on a bush less than 10 feet from me and just when I pulled up Merlin Bird Id's camera it flew away.

Hi Dane and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I've moved your post to the ID forum and subscribed you to the thread so you can find it easily. You well receive an email with any replies and can simply click on the link provided in it.

I'm sure someone will be along very soon to help you out. Meantime I hope you enjoy your time here with us.

Thank You! It wasn't a black bird though. Black birds are common here and this was not. The reason I say it looked like a blue jay is because the head was similar to a blue jay or cardinal.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back