Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
More discoveries. NEW: Zeiss Victory SF 32

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Estaciones de tren de Madrid

Old Wednesday 13th May 2020, 11:07   #1
Karlasancho1

Estaciones de tren de Madrid

Hi, this is Karla! I'm from Spain, a bit far way from the US. First of all, i'd like to apologize due to my poor English. I'm here to learn during the isolation and also to show to you guys my bird's love

It's curious because in my city -Madrid- the best places to see birds are in the estaciones de tren. I love to go there to see them. https://madridexiste.jimdofree.com/e...ren-de-madrid/
Old Wednesday 13th May 2020, 14:28   #2
janvanderbrugge

Holá, Karla,
Nice to read that! When I think of the railway stations in Holland, there are two species which at once come forward: of course the ubiquitous feral pigeons, but far more impressive the Starling: not now, but in the migration season, in autumn, the Starlings arrive in voluminous groups to spend the night under the roofs of the station buildings of some big cities, and of course they produce a huge noise. The problem is that their dung is falling down on the platforms next to the rails, so that people are hurrying to get into the train without getting dirty. In several cities measures were taken to prevent the birds from sheltering high and dry at such places. The days when House Sparrows were numerous at railway stations are over, and Crested Larks have disappeared from Holland at all, unless some birds on transmigration. Enjoy your station visits, guárdate bien, un saludo cordial desde los Países Bajos.
Jan van der Brugge
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: