• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fault with my Zeiss Victory 8x42 HT Binoculars (1 Viewer)

IAN JAMES THOMPSON

I have a fault with my Zeiss Victory 8x42 HT Binoculars and still in guarantee. What is the address, telephone number and also email address of Zeiss to contact about the fault. Do I have to send my binoculars into another country in Europe or in the UK for my HT Binoculars to be repaired?
Ian.

Ian

Take it back to the dealer and they will handle it for you. Here is an extract from my interview last year with the head of Zeiss Sports Optics UK and their official repairer:

Troubador: If a customer finds they have a problem with their Zeiss sports optics instrument, should they contact you or should they contact the dealer?

Luke: Please allow me to answer that. In all cases, whether the bino is new or was bought some time ago or was bought second-hand, we recommend the customer contacts the supplying dealer, or if this is not possible, any other conveniently located dealer. Our dealers and their locations can be found on our website by using the dealer locator. We cover the costs for dealers to provide this service, so they will receive the instrument, pack it up and send it to Gary for attention, and all with no charge to the customer. Their point of contact will remain the dealer and Gary will inform the dealer when the instrument is received and when it is on its way back. Having said that there is absolutely no reason why the customer cannot package the bino up and send it to Gary at East Coast Binocular Repairs, but most people find it convenient to leave that to the dealer, who, as I mentioned before, provides this service free of charge and does not add any ‘margin’ to the cost of a chargeable repair. Sometimes the cause for concern can be addressed simply by advice and guidance from the dealer.

Lee

Last edited:
Ian

Take it back to the dealer and they will handle it for you. Here is an extract from my interview last year with the head of Zeiss Sports Optics UK and their official repairer:

Troubador: If a customer finds they have a problem with their Zeiss sports optics instrument, should they contact you or should they contact the dealer?

Luke: Please allow me to answer that. In all cases, whether the bino is new or was bought some time ago or was bought second-hand, we recommend the customer contacts the supplying dealer, or if this is not possible, any other conveniently located dealer. Our dealers and their locations can be found on our website by using the dealer locator. We cover the costs for dealers to provide this service, so they will receive the instrument, pack it up and send it to Gary for attention, and all with no charge to the customer. Their point of contact will remain the dealer and Gary will inform the dealer when the instrument is received and when it is on its way back. Having said that there is absolutely no reason why the customer cannot package the bino up and send it to Gary at East Coast Binocular Repairs, but most people find it convenient to leave that to the dealer, who, as I mentioned before, provides this service free of charge and does not add any ‘margin’ to the cost of a chargeable repair. Sometimes the cause for concern can be addressed simply by advice and guidance from the dealer.

Lee
Thanks for your help.
Ian.

I’ve tried to contact Gary by email to see what’s happening about my repair to my Zeiss 8x42 HT Binoculars on Monday 25th May as I heard in early April that my binoculars had to be sent off to Germany to be repaired by Zeiss. I’ve also tried phoning as well but no reply and no reply to my email as well. Has anyone any idea who I can contact to try and find out any information about my binoculars. I’m just wondering if Gary is not well at present.
Ian.

Ian

I am sure Gary would reply if he could. Keep trying but in the meantime see the PM I have sent to you.

Lee

Hi Ian,

I am still well fortunately.

We sent a reply to your email on 26 May telling you the progress with your repair in Germany - did it perhaps go into your spam ?

Another email has just been sent to you.

Gary

Hi Ian,

I am still well fortunately.

We sent a reply to your email on 26 May telling you the progress with your repair in Germany - did it perhaps go into your spam ?

Another email has just been sent to you.

Gary
Thanks Gary,
Just received your email. 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

Just curious what the fault was? I ordered this same binocular and it arrived with a frozen diopter knob. Exchanged it and the new one was fine.
Sorry I'm late replying to your post. I was out all day yesterday and busy today and I've just checked this forum a few minutes ago. My Zeiss Binoculars are having a complete new focus system fitted. But it will take longer than normal as Zeiss in Germany are short staffed at this present moment because of the reasons happening worldwide. I hadn't been out birdwatching very far until yesterday as i visited a local bird reserve very close to Newcastle Upon Tyne and it was strictly controlled very well organised and i had an enjoyable day birdwatching with a friend from my birdwatching group and social distancing of course. I have an old pair of binoculars i bought years ago either in the late 1960’s or early 1970’s that i used yesterday while my Zeiss Binoculars are away getting repaired and how i managed to use those heavy binoculars round my neck birdwatching so many many years ago with those straps round my neck I don't know as i last used these binoculars years ago, as after 30 minute’s my neck was really sore and aching
Ian.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back