• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I like Watches (1 Viewer)

albie...

I am constantly looking at watches and when the right one comes along I buy it although I sometimes regret it . I have probably had 15 - 20 different watches in my life and presently have five watches.
The watches I presently own are two Seiko Kinetics (one dressy one casual), a Seiko military style automatic and an old Seiko lcd digital databank from 1985 that still works although shows it's age . My newest watch that I bought late November 2019 is a remake of an old digital from the 1970's by Bulova , the Computron .

The Computron.

Attachments

• DSC00917 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00917 (Medium).JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 91
The backside . Left to right we have the Seiko kinetic, Seiko automatic and the Bulova Computron . I love the battery access on the Bulova , simplicity at it's best.

Attachments

• DSC00924 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00924 (Medium).JPG
    212.6 KB · Views: 73
Thanks , this is why I like Seiko , decent quality and style at a decent price although they do make some watches that are in the thousands of $ range .
I had a three other Seiko's that are long gone now . One got smashed while at work and the other two were given to a couple of my brothers .

Lovely watches there :t:

I've been collecting watches for 45 years, This is around half of what I have but most of the rest are non runners that I used to scavenge parts from!

Also, I think i've bought another thirty or more since I took the pic |;|
InoU7e8.jpg

John |=)|

I've been collecting watches for 45 years, This is around half of what I have but most of the rest are non runners that I used to scavenge parts from!

InoU7e8.jpg

John |=)|

Do you have an inventory list? How do you know what you have? Do you wear them or just collect them?

I am constantly looking at watches and when the right one comes along I buy it although I sometimes regret it . I have probably had 15 - 20 different watches in my life and presently have five watches.
The watches I presently own are two Seiko Kinetics (one dressy one casual), a Seiko military style automatic and an old Seiko lcd digital databank from 1985 that still works although shows it's age . My newest watch that I bought late November 2019 is a remake of an old digital from the 1970's by Bulova , the Computron .

The Computron.

The Computron is unusual. Very cool.

InoU7e8.jpg

John |=)|

I started collecting watches about one year ago and I just showed your picture to my wife, because every crazy collector relishes the thought that there is somebody out there demonstrably crazier than he is :-O

Do you have an inventory list? How do you know what you have? Do you wear them or just collect them?

No inventory but I know each watch, I just can't recall where I put them sometimes, I put a Citizen Eagle somewhere safe more than ten years ago and haven't seen it since!!

I tend to wear a watch for a week or so then strap another on then!

Here are a few of the latest that i've acquired :t:

John |=)|

Attachments

• HHLRlzf.jpg
    HHLRlzf.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 51
  • XGsvnkK.jpg
    XGsvnkK.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 48
  • ahAMxz4.jpg
    ahAMxz4.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 1NI57VT.jpg
    1NI57VT.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 51
  • spL1BHm.jpg
    spL1BHm.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 55
That's almost as many watches as Eddie has sold :t:
Seikos are really good value Albie

I've been to Eddies house a couple of times, He's a really nice fella :t:

My latest landed yesterday!

Seiko SKX 007 on a solid link Jubilee bracelet (My fave bracelet of them all!)

This watch had a problem and went back to Seiko under warranty, They agreed and re cased the watch (Stem was out of alignment with the threaded tube!), They sent the original case complete with stem and crown back to the gent I bought it frtom, It's perfect now :t:

John |=)|

Attachments

• Kf9aIZ7.jpg
    Kf9aIZ7.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 40
  • PqrduFx.jpg
    PqrduFx.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 48
  • PRApMCG.jpg
    PRApMCG.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 41
  • reHFIQO.jpg
    reHFIQO.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 37
My favourite of all my watches, really hard to find like this completely original 2541.80.00 the original Brosnan Bond, Tritium dial and hands, and the bezel has faded to a glorious denim blue (well I think it has).

Attachments

• 20200602_174959_resized.jpg
    20200602_174959_resized.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 82
My favourite of all my watches, really hard to find like this completely original 2541.80.00 the original Brosnan Bond, Tritium dial and hands, and the bezel has faded to a glorious denim blue (well I think it has).

That's a beauty!!

A lad at our works was bought a Seamaster Pro for his 21st birthday by his parents, He used to bring it to work and ask me to fit a blue strap that he'd bought, Three months later he'd bring iot back and ask me to refit the bracelet, It went on like this for ages, but then I mentioned to him that he'd not brought it in for a strap change in ages, He'd sold it! :eek!::eek!:

I couldn't sell anyhing that was a gift much less a gift from my parents! |:mad:|:h?:

John..

That's a beauty!!

A lad at our works was bought a Seamaster Pro for his 21st birthday by his parents, He used to bring it to work and ask me to fit a blue strap that he'd bought, Three months later he'd bring iot back and ask me to refit the bracelet, It went on like this for ages, but then I mentioned to him that he'd not brought it in for a strap change in ages, He'd sold it! :eek!::eek!:

I couldn't sell anyhing that was a gift much less a gift from my parents! |:mad:|:h?:

John..

I`d have treasured it always as well, and what a generous birthday gift, I`v tried it on various after market straps but it just looks so right on the bracelet.

I`m always on the look out for an original twin ribbed rubber deployment strap but I think its a tall ask quite honestly.

Cheers.

John.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back