• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Madrid (1 Viewer)

Jose Gomez Aparicio

Hello everyone

My name is Jose and I live in Ciempozuelos, a little town SE Madrid. I wait to learn a lot from you!!.

I've been birding for a lot of years, but the most important experience was last september in the famous ferry from Bilbao to Portsmouth, where meet I anothers spanish birders I only knew from de forums.

In my last birding tryp I went to Lanzarote, in the Canary Islands, and this is the list of my "lifers" (or as we say in Spain, "bimbos" ;) )

Bulwer's petrel
Houbara bustard
Cream-coloured cursor
Berthelot's pipit
Plain swift
Eleanora's falcon
Barbary falcon
Trumpeter finch
Barbary partridge
Wild canary

Sorry for my bad english and nice to join the forum

Jose Gomez

Hi there Jose and a warm welcome to you from the entire staff here at BirdForum. :t:

Your english is just fine ;)

Hola Jose,

Welcome to Birdforum.

An impressive list of "bimbos" you have there. I am sure many people visiting Lanzarote would be impressed with these.

Hi José - your English is certainly far better than my Spanish! Despite spending a good deal of time down in Cadiz province recently, my Spanish remains very basic. If I ever manage to get to look for Dupont's Lark around Madrid I'll be sure to ask for your advice,
John

ok, John

Last days of past June a friend told me a place that he knew near Madrid for Dupont´s Lark (1:30 h. from the city).

We went there early in the mornig and were walking about three hours till we heard the bird's song for first time and we had a quick sight while the bird flew. I think maybe in March or April will be easier because they must sing very much.

Anyway it was a nice place that produced:

*Melanocorypha calandra
*Alauda arvensis
*Gallerida cristata
*Gallerida theklae
*Lullula arborea
*Calandrella brachydactyla

All the alaudids you can see in Spain except Calandrella rufescens all in the same place!!

*Pterocles orientalis
*Falco subbuteo
*Anthus campestris

So if you come don´t have any problem in ask for me. Sure I could go with you (If my wife lets me go B :) )

Jose

Hola, José!!! Bienvenido a BF!!! :loveme:

Nice to see another Spanish at this site!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I'm doing!!!

Interesting that stuff about Dupont's Lark near Madrid. My sister lives there and I do lots of birdwatching in the area with her and my boyfriend. Dupont's Lark is frustrating me madly, I just can't get it (I've heard it in Belchite). If you can give me some more information I would be very grateful!

Cheers from Oviedo!

Marian :cat:

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back