• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

help ID this lizard (1 Viewer)

alicia coriolano

Greece
I photographed this lizard basking on a rock by the sea on the island of Patmos, Dodecannese, Eastern Mediterranean. I know next to nothing about reptiles, but searching around various sites a Stellagama Stellion seemed to be a good canditate. I was a bit doubtful about the habitat as most photographs of the I saw were taken in dry, desert parts of Israel. Finally one cropped up taken in Didim, Turkey - a sea resort with similar conditions to Patmos.
Could someone out there help me out? I would be extremely grateful!

Attachments

• P1000291.jpg
    P1000291.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 36
I photographed this lizard basking on a rock by the sea on the island of Patmos, Dodecannese, Eastern Mediterranean. I know next to nothing about reptiles, but searching around various sites a Stellagama Stellion seemed to be a good canditate. I was a bit doubtful about the habitat as most photographs of the I saw were taken in dry, desert parts of Israel. Finally one cropped up taken in Didim, Turkey - a sea resort with similar conditions to Patmos.
Could someone out there help me out? I would be extremely grateful!

Yes, that is a Starred Agama, Stellagama stellio. Missing a chunk of tail by the looks of things.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back