• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Android device N. America bird ID app? (1 Viewer)

The Sibley app works well on my iphone, I can only expect the same on an android device

Niels

I use Audubon Birds of North America which opens as Audubon Birds Pro A Field Guide to North American Birds. It's a free Android app.

I like it, I think it's great. It responds very fast.

It has an eBird link for Hotspots as well as Nearby Observations. The app auto detects your location or you can manually input the location you're traveling to.

Beside all the pretty pictures, there's a good selection of voice recordings for each bird. The other stuff is there also; Details, Range, Similar, Sightings.

You can also get a Sibley's app for Android but that will cost you 15 dollars.

Thanks everyone for the prompt replies. I'll look into the free app then perhaps try the Sibley if I feel the need; thanks SA for the information you provided regarding these.

All the best,

Thomas

Once you download the app you have to register with your email addee. After you register, they send you a conformation email with a link you're required to click on. You can use the app for 5 days without clicking the link. The app is free, they just want to send you stuff concerning the Audubon Society.

Try the app to ensure the maps loads correctly. Do this by manually setting your location to somewhere in the USA, go to Nearby Observations, tap one of the birds, the map should open with pin-points.

Then go to/tap Find a Hotspot with Observations, the map of your local should open up with pin-points.

If your maps do not open or work right, uninstall and re-install and that should take care of the issue.

Good luck my friend..!!

Last edited:
Hi SanAngelo,

I managed to manually enter my Virginia details and everything seems to be working fine, so thanks again. I don't think I'd have ever done it without your help.

Cheers,

Thomas

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back