• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Remove Password help (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
How can I get rid of the requirement to enter a password on my laptop on start up please.

Windows 8.

Oooh Dave thanks.... I do so hope that works!!!

A few months ago I made the mistake of clicking on a 'charm' to try a game!! This required me to set up an account and a password. I didn't realise that that password would be required to work my laptop from start-up! It also disabled the NumLock key, so had to re-set that first, as I had a number in the password!!! grrr.

It's irritated me ever since, but the last few days my 's' key has become troublesome (sometimes works, sometimes not) and that letter is in the p/w!!!

I now have several keys not working, so looks like I need to have it looked at!

Keep your fingers crossed for me for tomorrow please!

How about getting a wireless keyboard? if you sit at a table/desk when you use the laptop, then that might be better than fixing the one you have. It would, however, take up a USB port

Niels

Hummmmph.... fingers weren't crossed well enough for me!!!

Switching on, the laptop requires a password, but not the one I'd been using, and I never had another.

Having to use my last laptop, and that requires some updating of course.

Funny thing is, I don't have the tabs for BF, but everything is listed as links at the top of the page instead!

Phew!!! Took my laptop to the local shop and he's re-set it for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back