• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Removing glyphosate from drinking water... (1 Viewer)

litebeam

Many of us regard the powerful weedkiller glyphosate (Roundup is the most prevalent brand) as one of the biggest dangers to our society and to insects, birds and wildlife overall.
Here's an interesting video of a lab conducting an experiment on the removal of glyphosate from drinking water using commonly available filters. It's a bit cheesy, (don't kill the messenger!) but the lab is ISO certified. It appears to be a legitimate lab doing real science.
The results are really surprising especially given the molecular construct of G. The obvious questions to me are, how prevalent is G. in well water and city water around the U.S. and elsewhere ? How relevant is the lab's 2ppm sample based on those amounts? How much is too much in nature? Although I'd argue that any of such a potent cocktail is too much.

I have nothing invested in this but simple curiosity, and I know little to nothing about the website and lab. It appears to be overtly right-sided and anti-vax, etc, but the glyphosate topic and the ensuing lab results caught my eye. Spoiler alert: I was shocked with the Zero-pure pitcher results.

https://www.brighteon.com/6001296356001

Thanks for sharing this, mjh. It was an interesting read.
I'm skeptical of Monsanto's involvement in any of these studies given their obvious conflict of interest.

And...I felt compelled to give the family dogs a bit more love too. The beagle testing was an eye-opener.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back