• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron Oregon 2014 Phase Coated? (1 Viewer)

hawken 12

Can anyone comment on whether the Opticron Oregon new model in 2014 is now phase coated? The Eagle Optics website say's that it is and a sales rep confirmed this over the phone. I know that the previous model was not and the Opticron USA web site does not mention this, but says that it is the improved model. Jim

Last edited:
I know that they just updated the 2014 Oregon with newer rubber armoring but it isn't phase-coated. That would be the "Oregon 4".

I`v used the 8x32mm many times and although not phase coated its a cracking bin for the money, actually one of my favourites.

I`v used the 8x32mm many times and although not phase coated its a cracking bin for the money, actually one of my favourites.

Couldn't agree more Torview. In certain areas I prefer it to the more expensive, phase-coated Discovery.

I've tried them and really liked them.

I just bought a second hand Discovery 8x32 and it's a wee gem. Optics are solid and there's something that's really quite fun about them. Small enough to be considered "compact" but optics are better than any compact I've tried. Fun and cute!

I've tried them and really liked them.

I just bought a second hand Discovery 8x32 and it's a wee gem. Optics are solid and there's something that's really quite fun about them. Small enough to be considered "compact" but optics are better than any compact I've tried. Fun and cute!

A perfect description. ;)

Bought the Opticron Oregon 8x32 mk4, bins - just a month ago. I love em, I paid just under £80 for them new.

Looking to get myself a pair of 8x42 Binoculars now.

I know that they just updated the 2014 Oregon with newer rubber armoring but it isn't phase-coated. That would be the "Oregon 4".

Nicely done...I am impressed. I am not familiar with this scope but you appear to use the iPhone as you capture. Are you on 50mm on the scope or less? jim

Jim,

Sorry, I did not see this until now. Yes, most of those digiscoped videos are via my Iphone 5S and the Opticron 50 mm MM3. Magnification is 18x in all of the videos but you can play around a little with the digital zoom on the Iphone to get rid of vignetting. Phonescoping has been my primary interest in optics over the last 6 or so months. I am getting better at it every day. ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back