• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa (1 Viewer)

Jwalks

Hey folks, I’m sure this question is out there a thousand times but is it worth it to upgrade my Kowa 20-60 eyepiece for the 25-60 wide angle eyepiece? Thanks!

You need to state which model body you're refering to but generally the wider angle eyepiece would be seen as an upgrade or offer an improved view.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

Hi Jwalks and a warm welcome from me too.

I've moved your post to the Kowa Telescope forum and subscribed you to the thread so that you can find it easily. You will receive an email with a link to click on which will bring you straight here.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi,

first of all, welcome to birdforum!

In general, the wide angle zoom will provide a wider field of view than the 20-60 normal zoom at all magnifications. The difference is most pronounced at the low magnification end where the wide zoom is wider at 25x than the normal one at 20x.

So if you were otherwise content with your scope and had not issues to get a good image at 60x (apart from heat haze), the wide zoom will help scanning for birds at low magnification without changing the eyepiece to the 30x wide (now discontinued).

Joachim

Welcome. I also am new here! I have no experience with the 20. But I have the 25-60 currently and must say it is one of my favorite eyepieces I’ve ever looked through.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back