• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden Morel ?? (1 Viewer)

AlanH46

Have about 20 of these growing through an area of bark chippings that was spread last autumn, overall height is approx 65mm.

Am I correct in saying that these are morels and is there any danger re confusion with similar poisonous species.

Appreciate any help as absolute beginner with fungi.

Attachments

• IMG_B_1823.jpg
    IMG_B_1823.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 48
Morels

Wow, home mushroom cultivation might be hot at the time, yet it's rare for morels. In my area at least morels are associated with many hardwoods, including fruit trees, so once I found some morels and then sprinkled them around the edges of the yard near the fruit trees in the hopes that I might be able to raise them. No luck....congrats on yours...hope they last season to season

types of mushrooms

Have about 20 of these growing through an area of bark chippings that was spread last autumn, overall height is approx 65mm.

Am I correct in saying that these are morels and is there any danger re confusion with similar poisonous species.

Appreciate any help as absolute beginner with fungi.

I've seen them growing through bark chippings in front gardens in inner city Wolverhampton (near me) so maybe a midlands thing!

Mike.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back