• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

where to go birding dec jan?europe ?or? (1 Viewer)

malgringo

planning holiday with my girlfreind in dec or jan any ideas best places to go for sum good birding please but lovely scenary to keep the girlfreind happy to.and not to expensive lol any ideas please folks??

Agree with Tim on those destinations. Another option, that has some incredibly cheap package deals is Goa. Westernised, birding from the swimming pool, plenty for girlfriend to be content with, sun, good food, lots of shopping and all that. You can go off on day trips to the birding sites as well as walk the fields and forest nearby. Lots of good information and trip reports on the internet.

Dec/ Jan

Hi,

in Europe I do not know a good place in this time.
This time is very good for New Zealand.
There is not so much differnt birds, but many rare birds like Takahe, Kiwi, Saddleback, Kokako, Tui, Kea, Kaka and so on.
Kaikoura is an excellent place for Seabirds, I saw there e.g.
Northern Royal Albatross
Southern Royal Albatross
Gibsons Wandering Albatross
Antipodean Wandering Albatross
Giant Petrel

Kaikoura is a good place for Spermwhales and also groups of 100 - 400 Dolphins can be found.
For me is not clear, why there is so few information about this nice country in this forum.

Best regards
Dieter

thanks guys

thank you for all your ideas and info guys,had a look and think could budget for morocco ,so you think would have some good sightings there ? also looked at tunisia seems very cheep what is it like there for birding?please

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back