• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nine months on (1 Viewer)

pstraughan

Nothing very exciting but I just realised that my last post to the group was in October 2006. Good to see that there are still many familiar names here.

I have been very busy birding and acquired the following life ticks: Bearded Tit, Shore Lark, Snow Bunting, Pink Footed Goose, Brent Goose, White Rumped Sandpiper - all on a fantastic Norfolk holiday last November - Short Eared Owl and Tree Pipit both in Kent, a Marsh Tit in my sister's Normandy garden, Chough in Cornwall and booming Bittern heard in Kent.

Garden ticks have reached 40 for the year.

A couple of other highlights: 2-3 pairs of Spotted Flycatchers breeding on my Kent patch and best-ever Nightjar sightings in Ashdown Forest last week.

I find this group very friendly compared with some others.

Pat

Hi Pat.

Glad that you could post again. WOW! That is *quite* the list you have. I'd love to see a nightjar. Ah well. Maybe one day it will happen.

Please do post when you can. I seem to disappear for a while then come back too. That darned thing called life gets in the way of posting! LOL!

Kindest regards.

Lydia

Welcom back, Pat. I feel the same about the friendliness of this site, like one big happy family. Look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Welcome back Pat!!

It certainly is a friendly little 'niche' we've got here, very impressive list btw, those 9 months look to have been very well spent:t:

Matt

Hi Pat,

Nice to have you back. Looks like you've been doing a lot of travelling since last time here, now set a little and get your breath back.

A couple of good ticks there, what about the photos? (chuckle)

Bill.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back