• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

carl zeiss fake or real ? (1 Viewer)

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

I've moved your thread to the Zeiss sub-forum and hopefully you'll get some help there. I have also subscribed you to this thread so you will be notified by email when someone posts a response ;) Good luck!

Hi,

welcome to birdforum, first of all.

And yes, we cannot really help without images. A six digit serial number means either a very old example (in your case 1916) or a Zeiss West example from past WW2 - or not Zeiss at all...

Joachim

Hi,

welcome to birdforum, first of all.

And yes, we cannot really help without images. A six digit serial number means either a very old example (in your case 1916) or a Zeiss West example from past WW2 - or not Zeiss at all...

Joachim

It could also be from a "short number" series made during WW II.

But then we should see blc somewhere on there...

Joachim

Yes, a blc (or rln as well) marking is certainly most likely. But a small number of these “short number” binos were marked with the CZJ trademark (ones built post-war 1945-1946 for the Americans or Soviets??). See Seeger’s blue book page 898. I have a 7 x 50 with both rln and CZJ markings which is entirely original. I really don’t think the poster has a Zeiss short number WW 2 bino but made my comment to point out the anomalies in Zeiss serial numbers.

Last edited:
what model?

hello i have these bins that i cant find any info on . can anybody help. serial number of 536131 . They are 8x 30s

Any chance of a photo?
If you have a Zeiss Jena Jenoptem 8x30 with a 6 figure serial number then they were made for Zeiss Jena in japan when Jena could no longer produce at the price for the contracts they had to fill.
So not fakes but not German.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back